Thursday 31 October 2013

Fourth post: Strats to feel like a routine

Hi everyone,

Today was like any other day at my internship. I greeted my host, she asked me how me and my family were, then she asked me how me and my family were doing. After, she sent me a lot of documents in French and she asked me to translate them in English. It surprised me a little since she only asked me to translate English documents to French.

Different translation between languages:

It was a lot easier than translating from English to French. I knew most of the words meaning and since French is my first language, it was a lot easier to understand the meaning and find the right words. I still had a few difficulties with French words that I could not find a good translation for.

Word confusion:

Here is today's word that gave me a lot of difficulties. It's a French word that I know and even if I knew the English word and its meaning, I could not do the link between them. I had to use a translator to understand and make the link.

Sexe = gender

I don't know why I could not make the connection. Those are simples words which are commonly used. Maybe it's because they don't spell alike.

See you next time for my next post on my internship

No comments:

Post a Comment