Thursday 31 October 2013

Fifth post: Even without a heater

Hi everyone,

Today, the heater was broken because last week, there was water coming from the ceiling. My host said she was sorry. She seems to be struggling sometime in order to keep things in order.

We can still manage to understand each other:

As I was speaking with my host, I decided to talk about my older sister's future job. I couldn't find the name of the job. Later, I learned that the job is called landscaping. What surprised me was that my host didn't know what was the job's name either. Anyway, it's impossible to know everything.

Here is the new word that I recently learned in my internship:

Drip or dripping: when water is dripping, it means that there is water coming from the ceiling, drop by drop.

How is it going ?

Apart from the fact that I stumbled across a few difficulties like the word dripping, I didn't have any other difficulties. It seems like I'm slowly getting used to it. I'm getting a little better with translation.

Different reactions:

My host's friends came to visit to see how she was doing. I think my host was really happy since afterward, I heard her say: ohhh, how sweet. I was curious and decided to mention it in my blog because this was the first time I ever heard someone say that. I would probably have thought something else if some of my friends came to visit. Our reactions are different.


That was it for this post, see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment