Thursday 28 November 2013

Sixth post: A lot of work

Today, my host gave me a lot of documents. She gave me six document and most of them have more than a thousand words. I feel like I'm going to have a hard time translating all those documents since I'm far from the professional level and I kind of work slowly, I probably won't be able to translate all those documents in time but I want to do what I'm capable of.

French names:
I always wonder what I should do when I have to translate a French name. Should I translate it in English or should I keep it in French because it would be far easier to find in French but we still need to know what it is in English.

Improvements:
Today I was able to translate without looking in a dictionary, however, I don't think that this will happen often but it shows that I improved since I started to do translation. I probably have a wider range of vocabulary, mostly related to work but it's an improvement.

Gossip:
We usually talk a little to each other but today, we started to talk about Alzheimer. In the middle of our conversation, some of my host's friends came to pay a visit. She quickly ended our conversation and went to greet her friends. Then she completely forgot about our conversation. I don't think that it was intentional, but it really surprised me.

Anyway, that was all for this week, I hope you enjoyed reading.      
                    

See you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment